Friday, July 17, 2009

22 years later...

In 1987, I was 15 years old, and I began dating a boy named Jamie Thompson. He was a year ahead of me in school, and he drove a blue sports car. When we had been dating about 3 months, he told me he was going to marry me one day...my mama said boys lie, so though I wanted to believe him...I wasn't so sure!

Just before Christmas in 1992, he asked me to marry him and had a ring to encourage me to say yes. I often tell him thank you for asking...on July 17, 1993, Jamie and I were married. Today, we have been married for 16 years.

Over the past 16 years, I realize each day that I love Jamie more than the day before...I am very thankful that God put him in my life. He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend. As we get older, I feel very blessed that such a young love has been able to survive and turn into something that words really cannot adequately express. I guess everything changes and grows through the years...I am thankful that as we have changed our love for each other continues to grow.

1988
1993
2009

3 comments:

  1. Well, I bet I am one of the most thankful people that you two got together also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have lots of fun at the beach! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Congratulations and best wishes for many, many more!

    ReplyDelete