Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Creating a Scrapbook!

I have always wanted to scrapbook, but I was overwhelmed with the idea of trying to "go back" and create something from all the years of pictures. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I was in Statesboro by myself (what a RARE occurrence!), and I decided to visit Hobby Lobby. While there I made up my mind that I would purchase just a few basics and try to create some scrapbook pages from some recent pictures. I convinced myself that I would just focus on one page at a time instead of trying to capture on entire event. (I am one of those people who has to break things down into smaller chunks, or I end up a large, impossible task because I have simply made it TOO BIG!)

After spending only $25, I decided to try my hand at creating a memory book that my family could enjoy. I would have never guessed that I would get so much enjoyment from doing this...I think I have found a new hobby! While I have looked online at a variety of ideas, I quickly realize that my work demonstrates the skills of a beginner, but I decided that it is okay that I am not making these really complex pages. I may work up to that, or I may simply continue as I am. I am very excited about this new endeavor, so if you have any tips, hints, or ideas...please feel free to let me know!

Here are a few of my first pages:







This is one of the pages I created to highlight our March Disney vacation. I created this one the first day that I attempted to "scrapbook."
These two are pages that I created today. I bought a couple of sheets of school-themed paper for this. I think they have turned out fairly well, so I am going to buy a few more school-themed sheets to finish up the 2008-2009 School Days section.

2 comments:

  1. Digital scrapping is much cheaper and easier! Plus, u can share them with everyone AND get them printed into books (of varying sizes) when u finish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great! I'm envious. I've tried the digital scrapping, and it is cheap & easy, but I'm with you in that there's something satisfying in actually doing it w/your hands. Keep up the great work, girl!

    ReplyDelete