Saturday, June 20, 2009

Death by Vegetables!

This past week has not only been busy but also very tiring! My latest realization of why God is great is that I was definitely born in the right time period. I am not sure that I could have survived had I been born in the times where it was not just a summer ritual but a necessity that vegetables are gathered and put up for the winter. My sister Kathy and I have put up corn this week, and while I feel sure that our freezers should be full due to effort alone; they are not.

Even though the work was tedious and tiring, I did enjoy the time I spent with my sister. She is almost 18 years older than me, and she enjoyed an adult relationship with our mama that I will never be able to have. When I spend time with Kathy, I learn so much about mama that I never knew. I am very thankful that I have a sister with whom I can spend time and enjoy her company. Yesterday as I left the farm, we left each other's company with promises of meeting again next year to once again put up corn and enjoy time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment