Tuesday, June 9, 2009

That Zach plus a Waxing Pedicure!

With Brooke gone, I have had to work a bit at keeping Zach entertained...I am officially calling this week "Brooke Appreciation Week" because I have not fully appreciated the amount of time she spends playing with Zach. (I would like to take this opportunity to point out; however, that Zach has serious HERO WORSHIP when it comes to Brooke...so is it really that shocking that she would spend so much time with someone who thinks she is absolutely wonderful?? I think not!) Anyway, I thought it would be a great idea for Zach to have a friend over today. What would be better than one Zach...how about two? The boys first began by playing the Wii...after about 10 minutes of arguing...I stepped in and suggested that maybe another activity might be more fun. (At this point, I was doubting my sanity and wondering why I thought having a friend over would be fun!)

Both boys decided that they would go swimming, so off they went in the pool. (I did have to review the rules with them...no drowning each other, no hitting each other, no head first diving...just the basics.) The next 4 hours and 45 minutes went beautifully. I could not believe it. They played and had a wonderful time...I even told Zach that his friend could come back soon (and I meant it!). I am quite pleased with how the day went.

I decided since I had been so selfless today that I would drop Zach at VBS and go get a pedicure. I am thinking the two ladies there were very bored and decided that I needed a lot of work. My feet have been rubbed to the point that they are sore, and one of the ladies insisted that my eyebrows needed waxing. I must tell you that I have never had my eyebrows waxed before...WHO THOUGHT OF THIS??

Never in my life have I experienced anything like this...I must say though that the results are really nice...so now I am wondering...why has no one mentioned to me before that my eyebrows need shaping?? Are there other things I should be aware of?? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment