Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday, June 6

Zach just informed me that he and his Daddy are headed to Alaska for an important hunting expedition...I told him to be safe...he assured me that he would! We never know what Zach is going to say or do next...he keeps us on our toes! I will need him to distract me next week as Brooke heads off to 4-H camp. I am excited and nervous about this...it will be the first time that she is really away from us. She is very excited, so I am trying not to let her see that part of me just wants to keep her at home (forever, I think). While I don't want to wish time away, I will be happy and relieved to see 3:00 PM get here next Friday. Being a parent is very complicated....we want the best for them, and we want them to have wonderful opportunities and experiences...part of that is allowing them some independence and time to blossom on their own...that is really hard! I hope that I am giving her enough space, but still close of enough to at least soften any upcoming falls. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you have joined the blogging world. I bet you will be stir crazy this week! Tell B I said I hope she has a really great time at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be stir crazy this week! B is my partner in crime! :-) She is very excited about this adventure...I will keep you posted on how I deal with her not being home! :-)

    (and...I am enjoying blogging...I find myself looking forward to posting a note about my day...my thoughts...and just my life in general.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Mama! I will miss you, Daddy, and Zach! I have mixed emotions about camp. I don't know what to think! :-)

    ReplyDelete